Servings 12 Crepes
- 1 cup yellow or red split lentils soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2 cups water
- 1 pitted date
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1 cup Berry Marmalade
- Drain the lentils and put them in a blender.
- Add the water, date, vanilla extract, and nutmeg and process on high speed until smooth.
- Preheat a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of the lentil batter into the pan and spread it into a six-inch round.
- When the edges begin to brown, use a silicone spatula to flip the crêpe over.
- Cook for 15 seconds longer, then remove the crêpe from the pan.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve each crêpe with a dollop of the marmalade.
Per serving: calories: 169, protein: 9 g, carbohydrates: 30 g, fat: 1 g, calcium: 24 mg, sodium: 3 mg, dietary fiber 6 g