Servings 2 Servings
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove sliced thin
- 20 asparagus bottoms trimmed
- 1 cup canned (packed in water) or thawed frozen artichoke hearts
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dry sauté the onion and garlic in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and artichokes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the orange zest and juice, cover, and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Per serving: calories: 141, protein: 8 g, carbohydrates: 29 g, fat: 0 g, calcium: 130 mg, sodium: 386 mg, dietary fiber 9 g