Servings 4 Servings
- 4 oranges
- 2 medium fennel bulbs quartered
- 2 celery stalks diced large
- 2 shallots diced large
- Fennel tops (optional)
- Remove the zest from two of the oranges, then juice all of the oranges.
- Dry sauté the fennel, celery, and shallots in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat stirring frequently, until nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the orange zest and juice, decrease the heat to low, cover, and cook until only a small amount of liquid is left in the pan, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fennel tops if desired. Serve hot.
Per serving: calories: 124, protein: 4 g, carbohydrates: 31 g, fat: 0 g, calcium: 88 mg, sodium: 113 mg, dietary fiber 8 g