Servings 4 Servings
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds toasted
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds toasted
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds toasted
- 8 cups unsalted cooked or canned black beans drained
- 2 cups chopped canned or packaged tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro lightly packed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coarsely grind the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds in a spice grinder for 2–3 seconds. Alternatively, put them on a cutting board and press down on them with a heavy pot or pan to crush them.
- Put the beans, tomatoes, coriander, cumin, mustard seeds, and turmeric in a large baking dish and stir until well combined.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir, and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Garnish with the optional cilantro. Serve hot.
Per serving: calories: 483, protein: 32 g, carbohydrates: 87 g, fat: 3 g, calcium: 143 mg, sodium: 17 mg, dietary fiber 32 g