Servings 4 Servings
- 1 large red onion julienned
- 8 garlic cloves roasted
- 3 pounds ripe heirloom tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth look for Mushroom-Free broth if needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Dry sauté the onion in a medium pot over medium heat until it begins to brown.
- Add the garlic, heirloom tomatoes, and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and process on high speed for 1 minute. Strain.
- Season with pepper to taste and garnish with the cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.
Per serving: calories: 98