Servings 4 Servings
- 4 cups fresh strawberries hulled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 bulb fennel grated or thinly shaved with a mandoline
- 2 stalks celery grated or thinly shaved with a mandoline
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves lightly packed
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves lightly packed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves lightly packed
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh chives in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Raspberry-Walnut Dressing
- 1/2 cup whole walnuts toasted
- Put the strawberries, fennel, celery, basil, mint, parsley, and chives in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss until evenly distributed. Spoon into salad bowls and sprinkle with the walnuts. Serve immediately.
*For Grain Free/Paleo Vegan, sub the Strawberry-Balsamic for the Raspberry-Walnut Dressing Per serving: calories: 197.8, protein: 6.3 g, carbohydrates: 25.1 g, fat: 10.5 g, calcium: 183.9 mg, sodium: 69.1 mg, omega-3: 1.5 g Note: It is important that the herbs in this salad be as fresh as possible and that the salad be eaten shortly after it is made. Farmers’ markets are the ideal place to purchase fresh herbs. Variation: Replace the strawberries with blackberries or other berries. The salad will be just as delicious.