Servings 4 Servings
- 4 ears fresh corn kernels removed, or 4 cups thawed frozen corn, or 4 cups drained canned corn
- 2 leeks (white and light-green parts only), thinly sliced
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth (look for Mushroom-Free broth if needed)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh sage (optional)
- Wet sauté the corn, leeks, shallots, and garlic in a medium pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, making sure the vegetables don’t brown.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and process until smooth.
- Garnish with the optional sage just before serving. Serve hot.
Per serving: calories: 195, protein: 6 g, carbohydrates: 42 g, fat: 2 g, calcium: 44 mg, sodium: 34 mg, dietary fiber 5 g