Servings 40 (one-inch) bites
- 2 cups diced mango
- 2 ripe bananas diced
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ vanilla bean cut in half lengthwise, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut toasted
- Put the mango, bananas, pineapple juice, and vanilla bean in a small pot and cook over medium-low heat for 6 minutes.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the pot and discard the pod.
- Transfer the mango mixture to a food processor.
- Add the 4 cups of coconut and process until smooth and firm.
- Put the toasted coconut in a small bowl or on a plate.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop or a spoon, scoop out a small amount of the chilled mixture. Roll it into a 1-inch ball with your hands and then roll it in the toasted coconut. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Per serving: calories: 149, protein: 2 g, carbohydrates: 18 g, fat: 9 g, calcium: 8 mg, sodium: 6 mg, dietary fiber 4 g