Servings 4 Servings
- 1 large yellow onion diced small
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1 quart vegetable broth (look for Mushroom-Free broth if needed)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 10 garlic cloves roasted
- Dry sauté the onion in a small pot over medium heat, stirring constantly, until browned, 4–5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, cashews, and garlic and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and process on high speed until smooth.
- Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature.
Per serving: calories: 264, protein: 1 g, carbohydrates: 18 g, fat: 5 g, calcium: 34 mg, sodium: 64 mg, dietary fiber 2 g Lemon-Pepper Cream Sauce:Add the juice of 2 lemons when adding the rice flour to the pot. Season the finished sauce with freshly ground black pepper to taste. Nutmeg Cream Sauce:Stir in 1 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg after blending. Saffron Cream Sauce:Add a pinch of saffron threads along with the onion.