Servings 4 Servings
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white and light-green parts only)
- ½ cup carrot juice
- 8 cups vegetable broth (look for Mushroom-Free broth if needed)
- ¼ cup peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 kaffir lime leaf or zest of 1 lime
- Dry sauté the carrots and leeks in a large pot, stirring frequently, until the vegetables and the bottom of the pot are browned.
- Deglaze the pot with the carrot juice and cook, stirring frequently, until the juice evaporates.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender. Add the ginger and kaffir lime leaf and process until smooth.
Per serving: calories: 141, protein: 3 g, carbohydrates: 30 g, fat: 1 g, calcium: 78 mg, sodium: 106 mg, dietary fiber 5 g