Servings 4 Servings
- 4 cups chopped savoy or green cabbage
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white and light-green parts only)
- 4 cups unsalted cooked or canned kidney beans drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth (Mushroom Free if needed)
- ¼ cup mustard (choose your favorite kind)
- ¼ teaspoon whole caraway seeds toasted
- Dry sauté the cabbage and leeks in a large pot over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, broth, mustard, and caraway seeds and bring to a simmer.
- Decrease the heat to low and cook until the liquid is almost gone, 8–10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Per serving: calories: 297, protein: 17 g, carbohydrates: 53 g, fat: 1 g, calcium: 111 mg, sodium: 28 mg, dietary fiber 16 g