Servings 4 Servings
- 2 red cabbages shredded
- 2 cups diced leeks (white and light-green parts only)
- 2 cups diced celery
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1½ cups apple cider vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Put the cabbage, leeks, celery, and cherries in a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, decrease the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes longer, or until the cabbage is dry.
- Add the thyme stir until evenly distributed.
- Serve hot.
*It is debatable as to whether apple cider vinegar (acv) is paleo or not. It depends on who you ask. Per serving: calories: 156, protein: 4 g, carbohydrates: 38 g, fat: 0 g, calcium: 151 mg, sodium: 114 mg, dietary fiber 7 g