Servings 6 Servings
- 1 cup fresh strawberries hulled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened fruit juice or water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Put the strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and juice in a medium pot over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 4–5 minutes.
- Add the raspberries and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Using a slotted spoon, fish out the berries into a medium bowl and set them aside.
- Cook the remaining juice in the pot over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes. As more of the berry liquid evaporates, gradually decrease the heat. The thicker the syrup, the better.
- Remove the syrup from the heat. Add the reserved berries and stir to combine.
- Let cool slightly before serving. May also be served chilled or at room temperature.
Per serving: calories: 46, protein: 1 g, carbohydrates: 9 g, fat: 1 g, calcium: 11 mg, sodium: 0 mg, dietary fiber 2 g